Skip to main content


Child and Adolescent
Mental Health Service

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)

Urgent advice: In an emergency:

In an emergency – If you or someone else has seriously injured themselves, taken an overdose or are on the point of doing so

  • Call 999 or
  • Go directly to A&E

Do not use our online referrals form for urgent help.

How do you rate this page?

Thank you for your feedback

Follow us on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Follow us on social media to stay up to date

Tell us how we can improve this page

Non-urgent advice: Contact CAMHS

You can find addresses and phone numbers for each of our services on our contacts page.

Patient Advice & Liaison (PALS)

Need help fast?

  • Call our helplines

    The person you speak to will ask you some questions about how you are feeling before deciding what to do next.

  • Contact your GP

    You can also ask your GP practice for an urgent appointment during opening hours.

  • Speak to an adult

    Let someone know how you are feeling. A parent or carer is often the best person, but you could also speak to your school nurse, a teacher or another trusted adult.

  • Contact CAMHS

    If you are already using CAMHS, contact us directly during office hours (9am – 5pm). We will talk to you about how best to meet your needs.