Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust has partnered with AccessAble to produce 93 Access Guides for our services, departments and wards. AccessAble is the UK’s leading provider of detailed disabled-access information. Each guide provides details and photographs to support access.
As everyone’s accessibility needs are different, the Trust acknowledges the necessity of having detailed, accurate information available. Trained surveyors have checked all of the details in the guides in person on-site to ensure all information is objective and factual.
One in seven people have some form of disability. For some, this can impact their ability to access online content or services.
We use ReachDeck (formerly BrowseAloud) on our website to help make our online content accessible and usable to everyone.
The ReachDeck toolbar can be accessed via the headphones icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
The toolbar adds text-to-speech, reading and translation support to the Oxford Health website, providing you with instant access to assistive features. It allows website visitors to access content in the way that suits them best.
Toolbar features include:
- Text-to-Speech reads on-screen text out loud with read along highlighting
- Translation allows words to be translated into multiple languages
- Picture Dictionary displays word meaning through illustration
- MP3 maker converts online content into MP3 files for easy listening
- Screen Mask with reading pane reduces visual stress and improves focus
- Text Magnifier magnifies text and reads it out loud. This increases accessibility of even the smallest web text
- Webpage Simplifier creates a simplified view of a webpage and removes distracting content
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Follow us on social media to stay up to date
Tell us how we can improve this page
Page last reviewed: 13 January, 2023