Those eligible for the COVID booster programme include:
- those living in residential care homes for older adults
- all adults aged 50 years or over
- frontline health and social care workers
- all those aged 16 to 49 years with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of severe COVID-19 and adult carers
- adult household contacts of an immunosuppressed individual.
Anyone who is pregnant and in one of the eligible groups can also get a booster dose.
You will be required to provide proof of eligibility on arrival.
In addition to being in one of the above categories it must also be a minimum of six months since you had your second dose.
Most people will be offered a booster dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine or Moderna vaccine. This means your booster dose may be different from the vaccines you had for your 1st and 2nd doses.
Our mass vaccination centre in Aylesbury, the Guttmann Centre, will also be offering a walk-in offer for any first doses or second doses (eight weeks after a first dose) for over 16s.
We are sorry you did not find this page helpful
Tell us how we can improve this page
Published: 14 October 2021