Equality and Diversity
We are committed to providing services that are accessible to everyone. We recognise that different people have different needs and we will always do whatever we can to make sure that these needs are met.
The trust is committed to advancing equality of opportunity for all, eliminating unlawful discrimination and fostering good relations between people of all protected characteristics. We recognise and value the difference diversity makes to the communities we serve and to our workforce.
We have been using the NHS Equality Delivery System to progress our equalities work. This framework has helped us to identify our equality priorities and consolidate the progress we have made to date.
By placing equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work, we are set on a continuous path to improving our provision to ensure that our services meet the needs of our communities and that our patients, service users, carers and staff are treated fairly.
What are we doing to promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion?
We have been using the NHS Equality Delivery System to develop our equalities work. This framework has helped us to identify our equality priorities and consolidate the progress we have made to date which can be attributed to a number of relationships, practices and initiatives involving a diverse range of stakeholders, sector agencies and partnerships.
The details below outline the work at Oxford Health in relation to meeting the public sector equality duties to eliminate unlawful discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations between people from all the protected characteristics.
- A Trust-wide EDI Strategy with associated action plans for race, disability, gender and sexual orientation equality
- EDI Steering Group chaired by the Chief Executive with representation of senior leaders
- Equal Opportunities Policy with associated Procedural Guidance for supporting employees with disabilities, trans employees and service users and for interpreting & translation
- Annual equality and diversity conference
- A range of training and staff development programmes
- Interpreting provision for face-to-face, telephony and BSL language support
- Rainbow lanyards and badges for staff
- EDI pages and resources on the staff intranet
- Browse-aloud facility for people with visual impairment
- Fair Treatment at Work Facilitators who support staff who are experiencing or witnessing bullying or harassment in the workplace
- We are accredited as a Disability Confident Employer and are working to achieve Level 3: Disability Confident Leader
- Making progress on Stonewall’s ‘Diversity Champions’ accreditation scheme
- Working in partnership with AccessAble to make sure our buildings and services are accessible to all
- Three staff network groups for race, disability and LGBT+ equality
NHS Equality Delivery System
We have been using the EDS2 to improve our services to patients and the working experience of our staff.
The documents below describe the trust’s performance on equality and diversity.
The Equality Report
The Equality Report helps us meet the specific duties of the Equality Act 2010 to publish information annually relating to employees who share a protected characteristic.
Workforce Race Equality Standard
These are our Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) reports:
Last updated: 13 December, 2019