If you are unsure whether your child has received all their childhood immunisations, please contact you GP or practice nurse or refer to your child health record ‘red book’. If your child has missed a school-based immunisation programme, please get in touch with your local school health nurse base.
We currently offer the following vaccinations in school:
Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
- This is offered to all year 8 girls.
- A course of 2 injections is required over the academic year to protect against the human papilloma virus which causes over 70% of cervical cancer cases
- You will receive a consent form in September/October to be completed, signed and returned to school as soon as possible.
- Girls in year 9-13 are also eligible to receive this vaccine if they have not already done so, but will require a course of 3 injections to achieve immunity.
Download and print our HPV vaccination consent form. v
Meningitis ACWY (Men ACWY)
- The School Health Nurse Teams provide Year 9 students with this booster dose
- A booster dose is now required for children in early adolescence even if they had this immunisation as a baby, in order to extend protection into adult life
- Research has shown that the protection provided by the vaccination dose given at 12-13 months fades over time.
Download and print our Men ACWY consent form.
Tetanus/Diphtheria /Polio (Td/IPV)
- You need a total of five doses of tetanus, diphtheria and polio vaccines to build up lifelong immunity to these diseases
- Dose 1,2 & 3 are given as a baby
- Dose 4 is given before you start school (aged 3-4)
- Dose 5 is given by School Nurse teams in school (Year 9)
- If you think you have missed any of your doses, talk to your practice nurse or GP.
Download and print our tetanus, diptheria and inactivated polio vaccine consent form.
Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR)
- MMR vaccine is usually given to children at:
- Dose 1: 13-14 months
- Dose 2: Age 3-4 before starting school
- Any child who has missed, or only partially completed, their MMR vaccinations, will be offered this by the School Nursing team in Year 9
Download and print our measles, mumps and rubella vaccine consent form.
Last updated: 5 June, 2018