Community Matron Service
The Community Matron Service offers support to patients with Life limiting illness.
Community Matrons can help support you and your family and the people caring for you. They will work closely with your GP, District Nurses, Specialist Nurses and they may co-ordinate other services involved in your care to help meet your wishes, so you can remain as independent as possible.
The Community Matron can:-
Older People services
- Support patients with a focussed intervention.
- Establish a co-ordinated network of support, to include those who traditionally do not access end of life care.
- Work with the patient and other services to address unmet health and social care needs, drawing from statutory and voluntary sources of support.
- Co-ordinate complex health and social care interventions by establishing a cohesive network of support across services.
- Support patients and their families in planning end of life care, enabling them to die in their preferred/appropriate place of care.
Last updated: 16 August, 2017