More first dose Covid vaccination appointments for people aged over 50 and eligible groups will be available at the Madejski Stadium in Reading from tomorrow.
Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust, the lead provider for large vaccination centres in the region*, is offering appointments to people calling the national 119 number.
Book by midnight today (April 12) to get an appointment tomorrow or a first dose on Wednesday or Thursday (April 14 & 15). Bookings are available between 9.30am and 7.30pm. More dates are expected to be added the following week.
Oxford Health’s Covid Operations Director, Tehmeena Ajmal said: “We are very pleased to be able to offer more vaccines to the over 50s and eligible groups and would urge people to make every effort to book themselves in while these appointments are available. The vaccines are the safest and most effective way to protect yourself from Coronavirus.
“More than 32 million people in the UK have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine – part of the biggest inoculation programme the country has ever launched and new analysis by Public Health England shows that more than 10,000 deaths have been prevented in people over the age of 60.
“Cases of coronavirus in our communities are dropping but the virus is still around. That is why it is so important that we make sure that everyone in cohorts 1-9 – people over 50 or with conditions that put them at high risk of the virus – get this life-saving protection.”
To book in for a first dose vaccine you must be registered with a GP and must
- Be aged 50 or over, or
- Be at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
- have a condition that puts you at higher risk (clinically vulnerable)
- have a learning disability
- get a Carer’s Allowance, get support following an assessment by your local authority or your GP record shows you are a carer
If you think you are an eligible unpaid carer who has not been contacted for your coronavirus vaccination, speak to your GP surgery in the first instance.
* Oxford Health is the lead provider of vaccination centres for the Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West Integrated Care System. Vaccinations are all be provided by NHS hospital hubs, primary care networks (GPs) and at pharmacies.