Campaign to hand back unused health and social equipment
People across Oxfordshire are being urged to return unused health and social care equipment so that others can take advantage of it.
Oxford Health is working with Oxfordshire County Council, Oxford University Hospitals and supplier NRS Healthcare through the ‘Hand it Back’ campaign to encourage people to return equipment they no longer need.
The ongoing campaign aims to ensure that more people to benefit from the returned items when they are no longer needed.
Pete McGrane, clinical director, said: “Many families will have benefited from the support of community services and the equipment that they provide and for some this equipment is no longer needed but remains in homes and garages across the county.
“This summer we are asking that wherever possible you return equipment which is no longer being used. 80% of returned equipment can be reused by other patients and their families. You can play an important part in ensuring we continue to be able to do this, saving time and money in doing so for all our staff.”
The pieces of unused equipment being sought are:
- chairs, beds, bed rails and mattresses
- wheeled commodes
- any electrical items
- any type of walking frames
- toilet frames
- pendant alarm equipment/sensors (telecare)
All pieces of equipment for return should have a barcoded NRS or Millbrook sticker on them.
Larger items of equipment can be collected from individuals’ houses by calling NRS Healthcare on 01869 225420 or by sending their details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Smaller equipment such as crutches, bathing equipment, raised toilet seats, slings can be returned at one of the collection points listed below between 10am and 2pm – no appointment is necessary:
- Abingdon Community Support Service (CSS)
- Audlett Drive, Abingdon OX14 3GD
- Banbury CSS – Neithrop Avenue, Banbury, OX16 2NT
- Bicester CSS – Launton Road, Bicester, OX26 6DJ
- Graham Hill House – Electric Ave, Ferry Hinksey Rd, Oxford, OX2 0BY (10am to 3pm)
- Oxford CSS – Awgar Stone Road, Horspath Driftway, OX3 7JQ
- Wallingford CSS – 51 High Street, Wallingford, OX10 0DB
- Wantage CSS – Charlton Village Road, Wantage, OX1 7HG
- Witney CSS – 6 Moorland Road, Witney, OX28 6LF
Help your local community by handing back any equipment that you no longer use.
Published: 12 July 2021