Grants of up to £10,000 are now available to salaried staff working within the NHS in Oxfordshire, including those with honorary contracts, and to general practitioners. Funds are limited and awards are made on the scientific merit of the application.
The Oxfordshire Health Services Research Committee (OHSRC) aims to:
- support research in the areas of
– clinical research
– community/primary care research
– relevant laboratory studies
- provide opportunities for research by health service workers arising out of, and closely related to, their day-to-day practice
- wholly fund small projects or pilot studies which can be carried out within two years
- provide opportunities for younger researchers who are in the early years of their research careers (this normally means that established researchers are very unlikely to receive an award).
Most of the Committee’s funding comes from the Nuffield Oxford Hospitals Fund, but the Committee also manages research funds from other charitable donations. The OHSRC Chair is also happy to discuss the suitability of any applications. This is currently Professor Chris Pugh.
Application forms and further details can be obtained here.
Closing date: Monday 3rd October 2016