What we do
Buckinghamshire’s Adult Mental Health Gateway provides expert mental health advice and guidance to professionals caring for patients in the community and primary care, as well as simplified access to care and support for adults (aged 18years+) experiencing mental health problems.
Our aim is to ensure service users access the right care at the right time, ensuring the holistic needs of service users are met, for example; employment and training, social, physical and group activities.
This service is currently operating in North Buckinghamshire with plans to expand the service across the entire county by 2023.
Non-urgent advice: Our team provides
- Pharmacist and medication advice to professionals
- Specialist employment support helping patients gain training, education and employment
- Support navigating and accessing additional services available within the voluntary sector and local community
- Signposting to wider services
- A simplified, single access for adult mental health referrals
- Psychiatric screening assessment to determine a person’s mental condition, any risk and the urgency
- Comprehensive triage to understand a person’s wider needs and where necessary, make an appointment with the relevant specialist mental health team for assessment
We are sorry you did not find this page helpful
Tell us how we can improve this page
Page last reviewed: 6 December, 2023