Make a referral

Online referrals

Important: The online referrals system is for routine referrals only. Do not use our online referrals form for urgent help. For urgent help, see “It’s a crisis!

If you live in Buckinghamshire, Bath and North East Somerset or Wiltshire, you can ‘self-refer’ to the service using our online referrals form.

Note that the online self-referral service is not currently available in Oxfordshire or Swindon. If you would like to talk to CAMHS directly then please ring 01865 902515 (Oxfordshire) or 01865 903422 (Swindon).

Professionals: this form can be used to make a referral in all areas except Swindon.


Getting help where you are

Bath & North East Somerset

Please use the online referral form above.


For some advice on how to get support phone Buckingshamshire CAMHS on 01865 901951


You can access our services by calling 01865 902 515 during normal working hours.

Our address is:

Oxon CAMHS Single Point of Access (SPA)
Raglan House
23 Between-Towns-Road


See the Swindon Borough Council website for detailed information on how you can access services designed to support the emotional wellbeing of children and young people.


Please use the online referral form above.

Other ways to get help

Under 16s

If you are under 16, there are lots of ways to let CAMHS know that you need help.

You can speak to your GP, School Health Nurse or teacher who can get in touch with us directly by calling our ‘single point of access’.

Any other professional who works with you like a social worker, counsellor or youth worker can also contact the CAMHS ‘single point of access’ telephone number to find out how we can help you.

16 - 17 year olds

If you are 16 or 17 years old, you can call into our ‘single point of access’ telephone number. You can call us from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. You will speak to a specially trained member of the team who will ask you some questions and talk to you about how CAMHS can help.

If you would like help in contacting us, you could ask your GP, School Nurse or Teacher who could contact our ‘single point of access service’ on your behalf you if you talk to them. Also, you could get help from any other professional such as a social worker, counsellor or youth worker.

18 and over

Our adult mental health teams will be able to help.

What happens next

If we think we can help you, we will review how quickly you need to be seen for your assessments, which are either standard, emergency or urgent.

Standard referrals are the way most children and young people get help from us.

If your referral is made by a professional we will ask them to fill in some information about you on one of our referral forms. This asks for some personal information about why you need support now.

It would be really helpful if you could help to complete this form so we know what you are hoping for.

Urgent referrals are seen within 7 days. This is if you need to be seen very quickly but not as an emergency.

Emergency referrals are when you are an immediate danger to yourself or others; we would treat this as an emergency.

If it’s an emergency, phone 999.

If it’s not a 999 emergency, you can dial 111 if you need help fast.

We will see you within 4 hours of you being medically fit. This could be if you are in A&E or the GP surgery.

Your referrer will call us straight away. We can be contacted either between 8am-6pm or through the out of hour’s service at other times.

If we feel that we are not the right source of help for you we may try to make other suggestions of support which could be useful.

How do you rate this page?

Thank you for your feedback

Follow us on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Follow us on social media to stay up to date

Tell us how we can improve this page

Page last reviewed: 5 July, 2022