Outreach Service (OSCA)
What we do
OSCA stands for Outreach Service for Children & Adolescents.
We provide individualised home and community treatment to support children, young people and their families.
We work with children and young people between 11 and 18 years old.
We do 2 main things:
- provide Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- see young people who may need a more flexible approach to treatment
The changes we hope to bring about:
- reduce the frequency, length and number of admissions to inpatient care
- help sustain family relationships
- work to improve independence and daily living skills of young people
- support young people access education, employment and meaningful daily activities
- support families in coping and managing young people with mental illness/health issues
- support young people and families through education and identification of relapse and crisis signatures
- provide opportunities to increase physical as well as mental wellbeing of young people
Page last reviewed: 12 October, 2021