What we do
OSCA stands for Outreach Service for Children & Adolescents.
We provide individualised home and community treatment to support children, young people and their families.
We work with children and young people between 11 and 18 years old.
We do three main things:
- provide Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- see young people who may need a more flexible approach to treatment
- support young people during and after an emergency assessment.
Our teams are at work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The changes we hope to bring about:
- reduce the frequency, length and number of admissions to inpatient care
- help sustain family relationships
work to improve independence and daily living skills of young people
- support young people access education, employment and meaningful daily activities
- support families in coping and managing young people with mental illness/health issues
support young people and families through education and identification of relapse and crisis signatures
- provide opportunities to increase physical as well as mental wellbeing of young people