- Mood checker
- Mood checking reminders
- Mood diary
- Mood lifter to manage urges to self harm
- Emergency contact numbers if urge to self harm has not reduced
- PIN protected
- Personalised sections
- Automatic routing through safety checks to delay or prevent self-harm
- Use the mood wheel to track your mood
- Add notes on how you are feeling or what you are doing
- Use the mood diary to see patterns and identify triggers
A personalised set of activities designed to reduce distress. It includes:
- Music library
- Photo library
- Physical activities
- Mood changing activities
- Relaxation and mindfulness exercises
- Contact a friend
- Spotting and challenging of negative thoughts
- Distress tolerance activities
Want to talk?
Click any of the three options to either talk to a person in your phone contacts, ChildLine or 111
Terms & conditions of use
BlueIce has been designed to help you manage your emotional distress and urges to self-harm.
By downloading BlueIce you agree to the terms and conditions set out in this document which will bind you.
The app should only be installed on a device that uses an operating system which is approved by your phone’s manufacturer. You should also ensure that if you are not the owner of the device you intend to use this app on, you have obtained permission from the owner of the phone. If you use the app, we shall assume you have the appropriate permission.
How should BlueIce be used?
BlueIce is a prescribed app and should only be used alongside a face to face mental health intervention.
What information does BlueIce collect and use?
All of the information that you enter in the mood checker or mood lifter sections is visible in the app. No one else can see this information, and we do not collect it.
What happens to my information?
The personal information you put into the app is only stored on your device.
If you check your mood and you are feeling down, BlueIce will automatically route you to the mood lifter section.
After using the mood lifter BlueIce will check how you are feeling. If you rate yourself as still feeling low BlueIce will automatically route you through a series of checks to some emergency numbers you can call for help. It is up to you whether or not you use these numbers.
What BlueIce will not do
BlueIce does not:
- Send any personal information to anyone else
- Alert anyone that you are feeling down or have an urge to self-harm
- Automatically contact emergency services and inform them how you are feeling
What if I decide I don’t want to use BlueIce anymore?
It is up to you whether or not you use BlueIce. You are free to stop using it at any time although we would encourage you to let you mental health clinician know your decision.
What if I don’t want my data to be stored on my phone?
The data you enter into BlueIce is owned by you. You are able to delete your data from your phone at any time, but this will mean you will no longer be able to use that data. If you choose to delete your data – and have not shared or exported any data – you will lose access to all the entries you have made.
If you wish to delete the data or the app entirely, you should consider exporting your entries first. You can use the email option in the admin diary to email this to an account of your choice.
We cannot be held accountable for any loss of data if you choose to delete the app.
What happens to my information after I stop using the app?
Your information will be stored on your device until you delete that information or delete the app.
What if I have questions or concerns about how the app is using my information?
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your use of the app
You agree that BlueIce is for domestic and private use only and you will not use the app for any commercial, business or resale purposes.
You also agree that when using the app you will comply with all applicable laws and these terms. In particular, but without limitation, you will not use the app in any way which does or may be contrary to any applicable law. Neither will you attempt to use the app for any purpose which is not its intended purpose.
You must not:
- Make copies of the app, alter, modify disassemble, reverse-engineer or create any derivative works based on the app or any part of it; infringe any rights in relation to copyright and/or trademarks
- Collect or harvest any information from any service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the app.
BlueIce is provided on an “as is” basis for domestic and private use. Your use of the app is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law.
- We disclaims all liability whatsoever, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise in relation to the app; and
- All implied warranties, terms and conditions relating to the app (whether implied by statute, common law or otherwise), as between us and you, are hereby excluded
In particular, we accept no responsibility for:
- any technical failure of the internet and/or the app resulting in you being unable to use the app as intended or at all; or
- any damage or injury to you or your equipment as a result of or relating to your use of the app; or
- your information stored within the app becoming lost, stolen, intercepted or corrupted
We do not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by using this app whether foreseen or otherwise, including but not limited to these types of loss or damage:
- losses incurred before use of this app;
- business losses;
- loss resulting from your failure to adhere to these terms; and/or
- those caused by a third party.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
Other useful Information
We reserve the right to update these terms from time to time to reflect changes in the law, or changes to the app as a result of new functionality. We also reserve the right to withdraw the app at any time and without notice.
All rights are reserved in relation to any copyright or trademark material contained in or available through BlueIce including, but not limited to text, music, sound, photographs, graphics and video, source code, and other material (the “Material”). You must not copy, publish, store, transmit, commercially exploit, or use the Material in any way without our prior written consent.
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation at any time but this shall not affect your rights and obligations.
BlueIce was developed with young people for use by young people. However, adults may find BlueIce equally useful as a way of managing emotional distress and urges to self-harm. However, we recommend that BlueIce is always used alongside a face to face intervention with a mental health worker.
Last updated: 5 September, 2017