There has never been a better time to show how much you value the NHS. Show your support and become a member of Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust. As a member you can help shape the local services and the future our trust.
You help us make things better
The trust board depends on the membership to keep them in touch with what’s needed in our hospitals and services. Our members help us discover how best to improve services, making sure that we put patients’ and local communities’ needs first. Membership is free and everyone over 12 years old is welcome to join.
Making a difference where you live
Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust operates across Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Swindon, Wiltshire, Bath and North East Somerset.
With the range of services Oxford Health provides – community hospitals, mental health services, school nurses, speech and language therapy, health visitors, dentistry, and talking therapy – it is likely that nearly everyone in our region has a stake in the future of the trust. And by signing up you can show your support to the services you value.
Have a say in how your local services are developed.
Why become a member?
There are many reasons to join Oxford Health.
Top five reasons to join
As a member you can also:
- hear first-hand about the trust’s ongoing work and plans
- meet other people with similar interests in local physical, mental and community health services
- attend free events for members, including behind-the-scenes tours and fascinating talks
- vote for governors in elections that happen in your constituency
- run for governor when the opportunity arises and represent the members in your constituency
- attend our quarterly Council of Governors meetings and Annual Members meetings
- receive our free newsletter Membership Matters and free magazine Insight
- enjoy a wide range of discounts at local retailers, restaurants, leisure facilities and more*
* Shopping discounts are provided by the Health Service Discounts, which is a private service and is not operated by the NHS.
What they say
“I became a member because I’m a carer for my son. I wanted to meet people who know and care about mental health care. It’s important for me to feel that I am doing my bit; that I support the people who work here.”
Who can be a member?
You can become a member if you live in our area and have an interest in local healthcare, or have used our services as a patient, service user or carer. If you work for us, you are automatically a member unless you opt out.
As a member you will be the first to know about our services and plans for the future and can help to shape them. You have no obligations as a member, but there are lots of ways to get involved.
You can represent this constituency if you:
- have used any of our services as a patient or service user within the five years immediately preceding the date of application
- care for someone who has used any of our services within the five years immediately preceding the date of application
Anyone who lives in Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire or the rest of England and Wales and is interested in local healthcare can join this constituency.
Anyone employed by Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust and has:
- a permanent contract
- a fixed term contract of 12 months or more
- been continuously employed by the trust under a contract of employment for at least 12 months
Page last reviewed: 19 July, 2021