NDC: Education Support

What help is available in schools?

There is a great deal of help that can be put in place for children in every school.

Every school expects to have a number of children with autism, as well as with communication and interaction needs.

Using the SEN support guidance and code of practice, schools have a information about how they can adapt the curriculum, how to assess and understand the individual needs of children, and the sort of strategies they can put in place.

Oxfordshire has its own very structured SEN support guidance, which covers all the different types of special educational need. For children with communication and interaction needs, it has a very good checklist of different strategies that can be tried.

Every school has access to this guidance.


Further information

Non-urgent advice: Get in touch

Maple House
The Slade
Horspath Driftway

How do you rate this page?

Thank you for your feedback

Follow us on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Follow us on social media to stay up to date

Tell us how we can improve this page

Page last reviewed: 7 September, 2021