Our values are to be caring, safe and excellent.
- Privacy and dignity is at the heart of our care
- We treat people with respect and compassion
- We listen to what people tell us and act upon what they say
- Our services will be delivered to the highest standards of safety
- All services will be provided within a safe environment for patients and staff
- We will support our patients and staff with effective systems and processes
- We aspire to be excellent and innovative in all we do
- We aim to provide the best services and continually improve
- We will recognise and reward those who deliver excellence
Our seven strategic aims (below) describe what we want to accomplish by implementing our strategic plan. They reflect the role that we intend to play in leading the development of our health and social care system.
- To make care a joint endeavour with patients, families and carers.
- To improve the quality of care by transforming services.
- To support teams to improve the safety and quality of care they provide.
- To support leaders to maintain a positive culture for teams.
- To ensure Oxford Health NHS FT is high performing and financially viable.
- To lead research and adopt evidence that improves the quality of care.
- To embed and enhance the electronic health record.
Find out more in our strategic plan summary for 2016-2018.
The annual operational plan for 2017-2019 was submitted in January 2017.
In April 2018, we submitted a refreshed operational plan for 2018/19. This sets out our programme of key deliverables for 2018/2019 organised around three strategic themes: NHS five year forward view for mental health, care closer to home, and new care models for specialised commissioning.
Each year the trust completes an Annual Strategic Plan which is approved by the Board of Directors and is submitted to Monitor, the sector regulator for health services in England. It is important that we have a series of robust plans in place that will enable us to respond to the healthcare challenges facing us, and to continue to deliver high quality care. Our planning processes allow us to identify the short and long-term term risks (quality, financial and operational) to the sustainability of our services.
We submitted our five-year strategic plan for 2014-2019 to Monitor on 30 June 2014. Our plan looks at the challenges we are likely to face over the next five years and the options we have to address them. It outlines the practical ways in which our services will be transformed to offer better quality care to our patients.
Last updated: 4 June, 2018