The HEE Knowledge Management team has compiled a list of elearning resources on COVID-19.
Some of the key learning resources
The RCGP has created a COVID-19 CPD Hub to support GPs in understanding and managing the coronavirus pandemic, with topics including diagnosis, ethics and keeping your practice safe. This hub will be updated daily with the latest developments and guidance.
HEE e-Learning for Healthcare
- The HEE Coronavirus elearning programme is free for all health and social care staff. The courses in the programme include Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Resources for Staff Working in Primary Care and Community Setting, Resources for Staff being Up-Skilled or Redeployed (Nurses and AHPs), End of Life Care COVID-19, Resources for Return to Work Healthcare Staff and Staff Wellbeing and Resilience during Covid-19. More are being added all the time – see the complete list.
- COVID-19 e-learning on recovery and rehabilitation – learn about strategies and techniques to manage key symptoms experienced by people recovering from COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Vaccination elearning programme – the knowledge you need to confidently promote high uptake of the vaccine and deliver the vaccine programme effectively.
BMJ Learning is providing free access to its most relevant CPD online courses to update and refresh clinical knowledge for those supporting healthcare systems. BMJ Learning Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) includes nfection control and basic personal protective equipment as well as some for those returning to practice, and on wellbeing and self care during periods of increased stress.
eIntegrity have made their Coronavirus e-Learning Programme available free of charge. This programme brings together quality-assured content from Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare, NHS England and NHS Improvement, and the World Health Organization. The programme is suitable for those who are returning to the workforce to help during the current crisis.
MIMS have published a free learning plan which covers key recent prescribing developments in primary care, for GPs and nurses returning to practice during the coronavirus pandemic. As well as advice on COVID-19, the plan provides information on latest NICE guidance and recent changes to prescribing recommendations and clinical practice in key topic areas.
StudyPRN have made available a free COVID-19 Pandemic CPD resource, consisting of 10 ‘best of five’ style questions assessing your current knowledge of the condition. You will receive 1 hour of CPD on successful completion of this resource.
Trish Greenhalgh and others have published a Practice Note in BMJ to help those in general practice manage remote (telephone or video) COVID-19 consultations. In particular see the 1 page graphic on the last page.
(Ref Covid-19: a remote assessment in primary care. BMJ 2020;368:m1182 doi: 10.1136/bmj.m1182)
Guidelines and evidence
NHS England Primary Care resources including the updates and guidance for general practice.
Gov.uk guidance for health professionals
NICE rapid guidelines and evidence reviews on COVID-19.
CEBM series of rapid reviews.
PHE – Follow the COVID-19 vaccination programme as it unrolls.
RCGP essential guidance for GPs
Learn about Long-COVID
One in 20 people likely to suffer from ‘Long COVID’, but who are they? COVID Symptom Study October 21, 2020
Long Covid: Reviewing the Science and Assessing the Risk, Tony Blair Institute for Global Change 5 October 2020
Recovering from COVID-19
COVID-19 Recovery and Rehabilitation programme – an eLfH elearning programme
Watch a video where patients descried the impact of LONG-COVID on their lives.
Your COVID Recovery https://www.yourcovidrecovery.nhs.uk/ – helping those recovering from COVID-19 understand what to expect.
Covid-19 rehabilitation standards from Chartered Society of Physiotherapists
Information for patients
NHS Library and Knowledge Services have developed a page of Coronavirus Information and resources for the public. It signposts to resources aimed at particular age groups, for those with long term conditions or cancer, for carers, around mental wellbeing and how to look after ourselves. It also includes where to find information in accessible formats.
Health Education England page of information for primary care on Coronavirus
Latest COVID-19 news
- Long COVID – how does it feel? 30 March, 2021
- Returning to physical activity after COVID-19 25 January, 2021
- COVID-19 information for primary care from HEE 20 January, 2021
- Anaphylaxis guidance for vaccination settings 6 January, 2021
- Webinar – COVID Oximetry @home 29 December, 2020
- Managing anaphylaxis: guidance for GPs delivering the COVID-19 vaccine 23 December, 2020
- COVID-19 vaccination elearning programme 4 December, 2020
- Resources for APHs during COVID-19 19 November, 2020
- Delivering CVD services during the pandemic 12 November, 2020
- Find out about long COVID 6 November, 2020
Last updated: 22 January, 2021